A few key Zoom updates this fall offer great improvements for remote teaching:
- Self-select breakout rooms: this new option lets your meeting participants choose which breakout room to join.
- Co-host features: Co-hosts now have the same breakout room controls as the meeting host, such as starting or ending breakout rooms, assigning participants, etc.
- Zoom recordings to Panopto: If you are recording your class meetings in Zoom, we recommend you enable the new integration with Panopto, which automatically migrates all Zoom recordings to our video management tool. Fill out this form to get started.
To make sure you’re getting the best Zoom experience, we recommend that you:
- Check for updates regularly—Zoom makes frequent updates to add and improve features.
- Log in to the Zoom application on your computer or mobile device.
- Schedule course Zoom meetings through your Canvas site.
Learn more about Zoom on our Zoom for Remote Teaching page.