Zoom is a video conferencing tool that combines an easy-to-use interface and reliable technology with exceptional video quality, offering a seamless experience for collaboration across mobile devices, desktops, and conference rooms. Harvard's Zoom license enables instructors to utilize this video-conferencing tool in Canvas via LTI (Learning Tools Interoperability), allowing you to teach a class, hold sections, or conduct student meetings remotely.
Zoom features include screen sharing, recording, breakout rooms, chat, adaptive streaming, and more! To activate your Harvard Zoom account, visit https://harvard.zoom.us.
ADDING ZOOM TO YOUR CANVAS SITE NAVIGATION
Zoom is already installed on all FAS Canvas sites. To add Zoom to your Course Site navigation, simply follow these steps:
- Click Settings on the left-hand Navigation menu
- Select Navigation from the Settings menu at the top of the page
- Select Zoom from the list of applications, then click and drag it up to the desired location in the Navigation menu
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
- Zoom is now available on the left-hand Navigation menu!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND COMMON TASKS IN ZOOM
Scheduling a Zoom meeting from your
Canvas course site
Converting a paid Zoom account to a