On March 8, 9, and 10, Academic Technology for FAS will be joining with representatives of the Harvard Library, the History Department, and Research Computing in the Arts & Humanities to offer a hands-on workshop on the fundamentals of digital scholarship. Designed for faculty, students, and staff who wish to explore the potential of this medium, the seminar will provide a solid foundation from which participants can pursue further training and development.
Running from 9-1 each day, these sessions will teach participants how to:
- create digital datasets by digitizing paper materials or mining online resources,
- effectively store and organize datasets
- prepare data for analysis
- use simple visualization techniques to explore datasets
- present the results in a web-based environment.
The seminar is free and open to faculty, students, and staff. To register, simply fill out the form at this link: https://harvard.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0SAGjg4lHlJGUzb